Tuesday, July 9, 2013

On the Path to ...

If there is one thing I can't get enough of, 
it is the sight of a beautiful garden path.
And there are so many images of garden paths around the web
that today I'm going to share a few more.

Some garden paths are very formal, 
as is this one from Chicago Home magazine:
A formal garden with bluestone paths, planters, and fountain, surrounded by trees

Formality often feels a little restrictive to me,
 so I prefer paths that are a little more relaxed.
This clover path invites play:

On the other hand, 
some designs combine the two elements into a seemingly effortless design.
This checkerboard path from Fresh Home magazine is clever 
in its mix of formality and fun.

How about a path through a pond?
Another Fresh Home walkway:
water walkway 35 Lovely Pathways for a Well Organized Home and Garden

I think this one, also from Fresh Home, is definitely my favorite.
The blue hydrangeas, boxwood, and impatiens remind me of the Shire:
path garden 35 Lovely Pathways for a Well Organized Home and Garden

If only I had such a green thumb.
I'm the kind of gardener that plunks a plant in the planter, ground, or pot
and if it lives with a little water and occasional fertilizer,
then it lives.
If it can't make it on that, it won't be around for long.
I have a hunch the owners of these garden paths 
don't share that philosophy.
<>

No comments: