Thursday, July 4, 2013

Garden Art Part One

One of the things I noticed
when looking for images of garden statues
was the proliferation of images for garden art.
Some that I found were beautiful,
the kind that made me think, "Oh, I would love that!"
But others made me think, "Oh, no way!"
So here are a few for you to decide for yourself.
Today, we start with images from the kitschy to the creative.

At Edison Ford Winter Estates, 
a whimsical take on the serpent in the Garden of Eden:

I think this next one from angryboar.com 
proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder:
www.angryboar.com

Well, I don't know what to say about this next one from beloblog.com:
www.beloblog.com

for the old telephone insulators:
www.dishfunctionaldesigns.blogspot.com

Here's a fun trio from thesalvagestudio.blogspot.com.
The one on the left reminds me of Kermit the frog:

And finally, while not garden art per se, 
I love this idea for an old wood fence from gardendrama.wordpress.com:

Here's a slightly different take on the same idea from

Tomorrow, a look at garden art that is in a class by itself.
<>

No comments: