Thursday, June 6, 2013

More Daylilies

When I was looking for daylily photos online yesterday,
I found  some gorgeous photos depicting the many rainbow colors 
that daylilies now come in, maybe even more than iris.
Although my favorites are the orange field lilies,
I can't deny there are some beautiful hybrids.
For example, here is a striped daylily called "Frans Hals":
commons.wikimedia.org

I don't know the name of this one, 
but it seems like a calm choice
with its quiet violet petals and pale yellow centers:

I have to admit, this is one of the prettiest white flowers I've ever seen.
It would be fabulous in a  moonlit "night garden."
It's called "Lady Elizabeth," a pure white daylily:
Courtesy All-American Daylilies, Sept 14, 2012
published in Dailypress.com

Here's one with ivory petals and a dark aubergine center.
It's called  Black-eyed Stella. 
daylily - black-eyed stella
Joe Chen, owner

Black-Eyed Stella wouldn't be my first choice, but pairing it with this dark daylily 
called 'Jungle Beauty" might be interesting:

Even so, I think the daylilies are at their best when they are bright and colorful.
Like these next two photos of stargazer lilies:
123rf.com

commons.wikimedia.org

Can we ever have too many beautiful flowers?
I don't think so.
<>

No comments: