Friday, May 17, 2013

Flowers that Bloom in May

I can't imagine a world without flowers.
They soften all the hard lines of our lives.
So in honor of the old adage, "April Showers bring May Flowers,"
here are some more flowers that bloom in May, including
deliciously blue delphinium:
www.buzzle.com

"Sunset" day lilies:
www.sunset.com

Freesia:
Freesia
www.buzzle.com

And probably most reminiscent of May for me
are peony blossoms. 
They are one of those flowers that have been present
in my life ever since I can remember.
The bright pink ones, I love the best:

www.mbgna.umich.edu

To everything there is a season, and I'm glad the month of May
brings out the beauty in our gardens, 
whether they are grown in a small pot on the windowsill 
or in a meadow sweeping away to the horizon.
<>

No comments: