Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Scented Geranium

It's not summer without a few fragrant herbs growing nearby.
I have a small sage plant, rosemary plant, basil, thyme, and mint.
But my recent post on the standard scarlet geranium
got me thinking about the other kinds of geraniums:
different colors (salmon, pink); different habits (trailing, upright);
and scented.

Scented Geranium (Pelargonium odoratissimum)
File:Pelargonium odoratissimum (14559814110).jpg
By Dick Culbert from Gibsons, B.C., Canada 
(Pelargonium odoratissimum)  [CC-BY-2.0
 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

I love scented geraniums.
They have such a deep, aromatic perfume,
one that is supposed to deter mosquitoes.
I've never had them work in that regard,
but scented geraniums smell so wonderful, 
it's hard to be disappointed in them.
If you've never had one,
they are a delightful cross between an herb and a flower.
<>

No comments: