Saturday, August 2, 2014

Grow Where You're Planted

Years ago I heard the saying "grow where you're planted."
I don't know why, but I've always remembered it.
And it came to mind this morning when I was in the historic district 
of downtown Portsmouth. I was hurrying back to my car,
balancing a cup of coffee, a small bag, a purse, and my car keys
--but no umbrella, which would have been handy since it was starting to rain.

But as I was hurrying, 
I saw a literal example of "grow where you're planted"
that stopped me in my tracks.
There are spot lights embedded in that particular section of sidewalk,
there to illuminate the side of a museum.
And growing in one of the lights, this weed:


The light created a natural terrarium and this bright green weed took advantage, 
growing where it was planted by nature's hand.
Pretty cool.
<>

No comments: