Friday, April 5, 2013

April Showers

I have lived in, worked in, or spent extended time in several states: 
Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Wisconsin, 
North and South Carolina, and Virginia.
And I've visited most of the others.

And one thing that has always made me smile
is how many times someone will say to me,
Well, you know what they say about [state name here]'s weather:
if you don't like it just wait a minute and it will change.

photo courtesy of morguefile.com

And I thought of that yesterday when the day started
all sunshine-y and warm with birds singing and flowers beaming,
but then when  I came out of my office at 6:00 p.m.,
the sky was gray, the wind was cold and I was being pelted with tiny bits of sleet.

And now this morning it is dull and gray 
and wet from the overnight rain. The wind is high. 
April showers may be around a while--just in time for the weekend.

photo courtesy of morguefile.com

But since this is Spring in [state name here], 
I'm sure that if we wait long enough
we'll have blue skies and sun and those legendary May flowers.
Like this:

morguefile.com

and this:
morguefile.com

It's just a matter of time.
<>

No comments: