Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Wisdom of Pooh

What day is it?
It's today! squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day, said Pooh.
                        --A. A. Milne

Today is A. A. Milne's birthday.
He was born in England in 1882
and wrote several books besides the Winnie the Pooh series,
including a murder mystery and several plays.
But he's best known for Winnie the Pooh.

So to celebrate Milne's birthday on a cold winter's day,
here is some of the wisdom of Pooh, courtesy of A. A. Milne:

People say nothing is impossible,
but I do nothing every day.


The things that make me different
are the things that make me.

Oh Tigger, where are your manners?
I don't know, but I bet they're having more fun than me.


And as someone who loves potatoes,
I can't disagree with this one:

What I say is that, 
if a man really likes potatoes,
he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.


Think it over, think it under.
<>

Pencil drawings are by EH Shepherd  via Google Images

No comments: