Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Decorating: Fireplace Mantels

I have to start this blog with a confession:
Last night, I opened my laptop to write yesterday's blog post,
and I promptly fell asleep...it had been a very long day.
So here is what I had planned to share with you yesterday:
the fun of decorating fireplace mantels for Fall.
It's not something that I usually do,
mainly because I don't like our fireplace.
It's persona non grata as far as I'm concerned,
so I ignore it whenever possible.

These other homeowners don't seem to have the same problem.
Their mantels are festooned with the bounty and colors of autumn.
Here's a simple wreath of autumn leaves and pine cones,
posted on the web site Between Naps on the Porch.
Even the wood on the mantel looks like the coating on caramel apples:

This long arrangement is more simple:

How about putting your pumpkins on pedestals
as shown here on the web site Denise in Bloom.
She used old wooden bobbins painted black:

I think Denise's vignette is so charming.
Would it be overdoing it to tuck in some votive candles
or white lights? 

I can tell that these photos have inspired me
to give my fireplace mantel another look.
Definitely. Very soon. Maybe next year...
<>

No comments: