Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Autumn Decorations

As I drove to work this morning,
I passed by the lake near my house
and there were a couple of vultures sitting and watching ... and watching.
So I decided I needed to focus on something more pleasing today:
fall decorating.

Decorating for autumn is one of my favorite rituals.
I think I like it better than decorating for Christmas because there's no pressure.
I always wait to do mine in early October,
so today I'll share some I found on the Internet.

The Thrifty Decor Chick has a cute idea 
that uses mini pumpkins, berries, and votive candles
 tucked  inside a rustic wooden box;

Another cute table-top decor idea for autumn is to fill glass containers with naturals.
This one is from Timeless Wrought Iron blog
by Joanna Crain:


This next photo is actually part of the instructions 
for a craft project described on Felt Sew Good blog.
But the maple leaves are pretty, 
and I like the casual elegance of a few autumn leaves resting in a wooden bowl:

Tomorrow, more autumn decorating.
<>

No comments: