Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Chrysanthemums

September 29th Sunday night ~ September 30th Monday morning

This time of year I guess we could say "mums" the word
because we see these fall favorites on every front porch.
I love chrysanthemums: the fragrance, the colorful flowers, 
the fringed leaves so dusky green.

I just saw a bright orange-orange mum at the store this week.
It's tangerine orange instead of the darker pumpkin orange color.

audreyjm529 via www.flick.com

I like bright yellow ones too:
www.tsflowers.com

My most favorite fall chrysanthemums are deep red:
www.gardenintheburrow.com

In some cultures, chrysanthemums are symbolic of sorrow,
but how could a flower bring anything but joy,
especially one that celebrates autumn?
Tomorrow, more of my favorite mums.
<>

No comments: