Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cut Flower Bouquets

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
                                                               --Emma Goldman

Yesterday when I was looking for photos of field flower bouquets,
I kept finding photos of cut flower bouquets instead.
Cut flowers, at least according to Google Images,
are those annuals and perennials cut from cultivated flower gardens.
So I'm sharing some of those today.

Isn't this beautiful?
It's a mix of rhudbeckia (Black-eyed Susans), pink zinnias,
blue ageratum, and lime green bells of Ireland, 
which incidentally are from Turkey, not Ireland:

Gladiola flowers always make a statement in a tall vase:

It seems I can't get enough of zinnias this year. 
These orange zinnias look great with the yellow gerber daisies, 
violet phlox, and burgundy celosia plumes:

I don't think it's possible to dislike roses in an arrangement.
This one from My Petal Press blog 
includes yellow lady's mantle and blue delphiniums.


Cut flowers--surely one of the treasures of summer.
<>


No comments: