Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October Nights, Halloween Lights

October Nights, Halloween Lights

Last night I came home after dark and noticed for the first time
a number of Halloween lights sparkling in the blackness.
Putting up Halloween lights is become increasingly customary.
I know people complain about the commercialization of holidays,
but I have to admit that I love to see colored lights decorating the night.
Following are some images of Halloween Lights from the internet.

As a ghostly mist rises in the background, 
white lighted pumpkins and a glittering tree take on an eerie glow:

I like the white lights above,
but I prefer the pumpkin-orange lights for Halloween.
These two shrubs really say pumpkin:

This house incorporates violet, orange, and white lights.
I would hate to meet the spider that fit that sparkly web:

I think this last one is my favorite.
What a fun place this would be to trick or treat
or attend a party. I've never seen so  many jack-o-lanterns.

It would be great to sit on that porch
with a mug of hot cider and a few cookies.
Or a dozen cookies.
And, okay, a few chocolate candy bars ...
<>

No comments: