Thursday, October 10, 2013

Front Doors with Autumn Decor

This week, I had planned to decorate my front door 
in celebration of autumn.
Of course my idea has been delayed because of my work schedule
and more particularly, the wind and rain.
The weather forecast suggests the rain will be here for a few more days,
which means things will remain soggy and wet a while longer.
And my plans are on hold until it's dry.

Last year's front door:

But that's okay because it gives me time to look at
autumn decorations on other front doors.
And from what I've seen so far,
plopping down a couple of chrysanthemums and a spare pumpkin or two
on the front steps like I do just won't satisfy some folks.
See what I mean:

Look at this photo from Front-Porch-Ideas-and-More:
harvested corn stalks, bushel baskets filled with mums, 
bales of straw, and bright orange pumpkins  
nearly obscure the scarecrow standing like a sentry at the front door.
I love the warm glow from the windows and the scattering of autumn leaves.


Not to be outdone, there is this front door still life from Moms in a Blog:

Fall Front Porch Decor

The Moms in a Blog photo above adds a front door wreath, kale, and squash
to the standard pumpkins, corn, and mums. 
I imagine there's some straw under there somewhere.

Now this next one ramps up the decor 
with the addition of red and yellow apples:


It is beautiful, and there is the added bonus of being able to eat the decorations
if the owners get locked out of the house for an extended time.

Finally, here's one that goes for sophistication with its neutral color scheme:

Attractive, right?
Look closer at the pumpkins that say "fall":


Now that's some front door autumn decor you don't see everyday.
<>



No comments: