Thursday, October 3, 2013

Autumn Wreaths: The Unusual

There's nothing more seasonal 
than harvested pumpkins and gourds on the front steps of one's house,
and nothing more cheerful than a wreath on the front door.
One of the things I love about the internet
is that so many people share photos of their decorating projects.
And this autumn, I've seen some unusual wreaths.

How about this:
if you're tired of the typical wreath on the door, 
try going horizontal like this Martha Stewart wreath and candelier:

Most of us probably prefer the wreath on the door--
after all, it's a tradition that dates back to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
But there's no reason you can't shake things up a little with a square wreath
as seen on Thrifty Decor Chick:

Lots of people fashion wreaths from fabric or other materials, 
but I don't usually like that since I prefer naturals.
 But this wreath made from ribbons
really caught my eye.
I think it would be cute hanging on the inside of the door:

This has got to be one of the most clever and innovative wreaths I've seen:
www.pinterest.com

It's a-MAIZE-ing!
(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
<>

No comments: