Sunday, October 13, 2013

October Birthdays

The other day, I was at a pot luck dinner,
and somebody brought a vegan lemon cake to share.
To my surprise, a cake made without eggs or milk 
turned out to be amazingly delicious.
The dinner was two weeks ago, and I'm still thinking about that cake.
So I started looking for vegan cake recipes on the internet.
In the process, I came across some beautiful cakes
decorated for October birthdays.
They aren't vegan, but they would be a fun addition to any autumn party.

Here's one from Cake Concepts by Lynn;
this cake has been decorated to look like a witch's hat:
"Witch's Hat"

And here's a super cute scarecrow atop a harvest-themed cake:

This is my favorite cake from Cake Concepts by Lynn.
This would give a Halloween party table some real charm:

Another cute cake, this one a pumpkin:

And what would be more appropriate for a late October birthday party
than a black cat? 

Yum, cake! It never disappoints.
Happy Birthday, all you October babies out there. 
<>

No comments: