Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Table Decorations

My mother's family always celebrated Easter Sunday with a breakfast
--a tradition that dated back to the early 1880s
when my great grandparents immigrated from Germany. 
My grandmother always decorated the Easter table with a white table cloth
and a large glass bowl filled with dyed Easter eggs.
I'm curious to see how people decorate their Easter tables nowadays.
It seems decorations are more elaborate than in my grandmother's day.
Here are a few from around the internet:

I have to admit, a blue Easter table is something I never thought of:

How about a vigorous carrot orange for all the bunny lovers out there?

I have to confess, when it comes to Easter,
I still prefer the bright pastels like this pink centerpiece:


Or this, which I think is my favorite:

If you don't have time for an elaborate table decoration,
there's always time to pull off a little napkin art,
like this napkin bunny from Ingrid Brown Interior Design:

<>

No comments: